Vegetable Egg Cups - 21 Day Fix Approved
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day right?! It fuels our body and sets the tone for our day, I cant stress enough how important it is to give your body healthy nutritious food at breakfast. This is one of my go-to recipes, because it is SO easy to prep ahead of time and takes no time to heat up when your’e ready to eat. My Vegetable Egg Cups from FixAte are perfect for meal preppers and are really really tasty.
CONTAINER EQUIVALENTS (per serving): 1 RED
Credit: Autumn Calabrese
Nonstick cooking spray
12 large eggs
Sea salt (or Himalayan salt) and ground black pepper- to taste * optional
1 cup chopped mushrooms
1 medium bell pepper- finely chopped
2 green onions- thinly sliced
12 TBS homemade salsa (pico de gallo style with NO added sugar!)
- Heat oven to 375°F
- Lightly coat a twelve-cup muffin tin with spray.
- Place eggs in a large bowl; whisk to blend. Season with salt and pepper if desired.
- Add mushrooms, bell pepper, and green onions; mix well.
- Evenly pour egg mixture into muffin cups.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center of cups comes out clean.
- Top each egg cup with 1 TBS homemade salsa.
Nutritional Information (per serving):
Total Fat: 10 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g
Cholesterol: 372 mg
Sodium: 228 mg
Carbohydrates: 3 g
Fiber: 1 g
Sugars: 2 g
Protein: 13 g